BlogDelicious New Granola Bar Snack Recipe 🙂
Posted By admin Sunday, Sep 22nd, 2013
I’ve been busy in the kitchen today and this was one of the delicious, tasty and healthy treats I’ve been making! Try these Chocolate Protein Granola Bars for a mid afternoon snack, after a workout or for your breakfast if you are on the go. They are full of protein, good carbohydrates and healthy fats to give you the energy you need for the day ahead.
– 1 cup of oats (can be Gluten Free)
– 1 cup quinoa puffs (or another cup of oats)
– 1 1/2 cups of nut butter – my favourites are sugar free peanut and almond butter! (you want it to stick together so just see how that goes you can add more or less)
– 2 to 3 table spoons of cocoa powder (you can omit this if you want to have cinnamon raisin bars instead: i will make a variation if you would be interested in that)
– 2 to 3 tablespoons of Rice or Whey Protein (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
– 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
– 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs, or whatever you prefer
– 3 to 4 tablespoons of agave (you can add more or less depending on what you prefer)
Mix all dry ingredients together, then mix the wet ingredients separately. Then combine the two making sure all is wet and sticking together. Fill a 8X8 pan covered in parchment paper (without is just fine, you will just make another dish) then press down with your hands or use the back of a wooden spoon until there are no air pockets and is pressed down tightly. Freeze for an hour or more. Take out, cut into 16 bars and store in air tight container. Eat whenever you want. Enjoy!!!!