This is my favourite time of the year. The sun is shining and the weather is perfect for getting into the great outdoors to do a workout. Whether you enjoy running by the river, cycling around the park or doing a personal training session outdoors…I hope that the recent sunshine has motivated you all to get out into the sunshine and do some exercise.
If you are finding it hard to motivate yourself to start a workout programme or if you slip up and you need to get refocused then my advice is start TODAY. As the nights get shorter and colder it will only get harder! You will feel fitter, healthier and happier for it I promise 🙂
So my top tips to get you back on track are:
Believe you can do it1. Set yourself a goal and have the belief that you CAN do it – you may be going on holiday this summer or off to a wedding and want to look your best. For me – small short term goals work better and it is so rewarding to reach those small milestones.
2. Just do it!! This might be a power walk or training for a 5k run – but choose the exercise you enjoy and get yourself there today. Starting is always the hardest so get yourself back to your fitness class, go to the gym or jump on your bike. Don’t wait for a clear diary or next Monday! Start now and make lifestyle changes that you can stick to in the long run.
3. Get stocked up on healthy foods so you have everything you need to eat well for the next week. The first thing I do when I return from holiday is get a supermarket shop in and cook myself a healthy meal! It will get you in the right mind set as soon as you get home. We all have slip ups and holidays are there to be enjoyed but the key is to get straight back to your healthy ways as soon as you get home.
4. If you slip up, DON’T GIVE UP! Slip-ups make us appreciate when we are on track and in control of our health, and they teach us to bounce back stronger. Don’t beat yourself up – we all slip up – just look forward and get yourself back on track as soon as possible. If you go out for dinner treat yourself but when you wake up the next morning start your day with a healthy breakfast to get you in the right mindset.
5. As I always say be good 80% of the time. Don’t put pressure on yourself to be perfect all the time. 80% of the time for a lifetime or over 100% for a few days will get you much better results AND a body that you love 🙂
6. Treat yourself to a new item of workout gear. I spend a lot of my time in workout gear and recently treated myself a new pair of bright inspirational pink running leggings. I love wearing them and they brighten up my day. Looking forward to wearing your workout gear will inspire you to put it on and get outside!
If you still need that bit of extra motivation or would like to train with a True Vitality personal trainer in Richmond, Twickenham or Chiswick contact firstname.lastname@example.org